We have a job opportunity at our Devon Yard, situated in the heart of the beautiful South Hams.
We’re looking for a Yardsperson to help with the running and function of our busy operation, spread across several workshops and outdoor storage.
Reporting to: Production Coordinator
Primary roles involve housekeeping duties, including keeping the yard tidy, sorting stock and loading/unloading lorries. Operating a fork truck and chainsaw is a requirement of the job.
- Keep the yard clean and tidy.
- Maintaining yard landscape, including hedging, strimming etc
- Management of timber stock throughout the yard
- Quality control of incoming goods
- Managing rejects, including cutting up and sorting
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing lorries
- Sorting timber stacks to aid carpentry teams
- Packing timber for loading lorries
- Ad hoc maintenance jobs around the yard
- Transporting materials to and from site
- Willingness and ability to work outside in the cold and wet weather (full PPE provided)
Forklift operating (preferred)
Heavy lifting is involved so candidates need to be physically fit
Full driving license
42 hrs a week (8-5pm). Hours can vary to suit the individual and the business.
£19,000 – £21,000 p.a depending upon experience.
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Stuart Voaden before 22 January.