Carpenter Oak is looking for a Finance Officer to help support and grow the business.
It’s an exciting time to join the company, which recently merged with Carpenter Oak and Woodland, rebranded and launched a new website, has become part employee owned and is expanding their offering.
Finance Officer role:
Reporting to: Head of Finance.
Key Relationships: Finance Team, Operations & Project Management.
Location of Work: Based at either our Chippenham yard or our Totnes yard with occasional requirements to work at other Carpenter Oak Group locations.
Hours of Work: 42 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Occasional evenings/weekends as required.
Key Responsibilities: Working with the finance team to help deliver the goals of the department and business which include:
- Assist with management accounting to produce accurate, meaningful and timely information to help in the success of the business.
- Manage the general administration of the finance team to ensure the smooth running of day to day duties, to the highest professional standard.
- Fulfilment of statutory and compliance requirements.
- Assist other areas as required as part of a team.
- Sales Ledger
- Payroll & Statutory duties
- Purchase Ledger
- Office management and logistical support
Your Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a finance environment is essential.
- Experience working with Sage/Xero or similar accounting software programs.
- Excellent IT skills and an advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- AAT qualification is desirable.
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths & English.
- A good communicator and problem solver.
- A team player.
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 D.O.E
- Generous company matched pension scheme (up to 10%)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Ownership
- Flexible working scheme
- Critical Illness cover
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV along with a covering letter, detailing why you are a good candidate for this role and telling us a bit about yourself.
Closing date: Friday 9th November
Interviews: Weeks commencing 5th November & 12th November